Black.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Trim and Healthy Tuesday

My lovely friend Sarah Dawes over at http://amothersheart.blogspot.co.uk/ came up with the idea of Trim and Healthy Tuesdays.  Each Tuesday we will blog about our experiences of following the Trim and Healthy Mama weightloss programme.  I have been following the programme since November last year.  You can read my introduction to the programme here: http://joc4jesus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/trim-healthy-mama.html.

The plan is a little similar to Slimming World in that you have two different types of days or meals.  In SW it's red and green whereas in THM it's S and E.  S stands for satisfying and E stands for Energising.  S meals are  meals which rely heavily on fats and non-starchy veggies.  Think bacon and eggs and meatloaf,... that kind of thing.  E meals are low fat but include some types of carbs that will not cause chaos with your blood sugar, such as porridge oats and brown rice.  In addition to sticking to the basic plan of S and E meals you can also choose to follow the Fuel Pull Cycle, which is great for getting your weightloss moving.  It's a little complicated to go into the whys and wherefores (I really recommend reading the book; it's excellent) but it does work; the last time I did FP I lost six pounds.

So here I am at the beginning of week two a two week FP cycle.  You would think that a weightloss bootcamp week like Fuel Pull would make you feel deprived and depressed but I have to tell you that isn't so.  Today I have eaten so far:

Breakfast - two fried eggs with sauteed spinach and mushrooms
Mid-morning snack - protein shake
Lunch - Salmon salad with sweet chilli oil dressing followed by two pieces of skinny chocolate.

Does that sound depressing to you???  I love my food.  I love THM.  And it's working.  I'll leave you with a pic of how my body is changing (please excuse the immodesty of the final picture; it's the only up to date one I have).


My goal is to be about 10.5 stone so I still have a lot of weight to lose but I am convinced that with THM it is possible.

Love Jo x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank-you for your post! I should be getting my book today in the mail.:) Im a little nervous that i wont be able to figure it out, but each dayI am going to give it to God and ask him to guide me thru it. I have lost and gained for my whole life...now I want to loose it and keep it off and get healthy for good. I have about 70 pounds to loose. :(

Kirsty said...

Hows THM going?

joc4jesus said...

It's going great and I am loving it. I am sorry I haven't kept up to date with my THMT. Unfortunately we've had a cycle of illness run through the family. Hoping to blog tonight on the joys of THM. x